Happy Chinese New Year! It seems only fitting to kick off the year by revisiting the Made for China project. [You know, I tried adding the official badge to my sidebar, but turns out I’m too lame to figure out how to do it. Sad but true.] I used Carol’s tutorial as a guideline, along with some of the construction techniques suggested by Kathy. The most time-consuming part of the project is sewing the channels for the pencils, and even that didn’t take very long. That having been said, I still have one left to finish. The thread and bobbin needed to be changed, so it seemed like an excellent time for a break, and then – yadda yadda yadda – three days have passed.
Our lesson today: Even the simplest tasks can be turned into a production with very little effort.