We are easily entertained, my husband and I. Here’s proof in the form of a quick synopsis of the past four days:
- Finished up the hat for the boy, as planned, so that he’ll have something a little more suitable to wear than the floppy swim/sun hat he’s been wearing around the yard.
[I used Butterick pattern B5056, XL. It’s a very simple pattern, but a little skimpy. I might try enlarging it just a little and trying again. This was the last real crafting for the weekend. As it turns out, sneaking off to my
hovelstudio for hours on end kind of defeats the idea of “family time”. Besides, I ended up being too tired from all the other stuff to care.]
- Went to Lowe’s to shop for materials for the yard beautification plans we’d outlined for the next day. After pricing said materials, plans were scaled back by 50%. Managed to keep the plants for my container gardening (more on that in the days to come) and a bunch of other random stuff.
- Actually planted aforementioned plants without giving them a chance to wilt even a little. Find that I’m completely exhausted after hauling the huge bag of potting soil across the yard, and call it a day (you know, after planting was completed.)
- Watched not one, but TWO movies: Stranger Than Fiction and For Your Consideration. OK, the second one was alright, but Stranger Than Fiction may be one of my favorite movies ever. I just loved it – loved it! Oh, and we snacked on not one, but TWO kinds of popcorn: cheddar and caramel. Realized with sadness that this microwaved hodge-podge in no way measured up to the delicious Garrett’s combo.
- Took the boy to the zoo! I don’t particularly like zoos, but we had such a good time. I should say that I didn’t like zoos, because I’m sure that I was much more excited than either of the men with me. The animals were just so cute.
That about wraps up all there is to tell. Yes, we consider this a vacation (and I do believe that I left out all of the boring stuff.) Maybe “vacation-lite” is more appropriate, but it was a great way to spend the weekend. The zoo hike exhausted me (noticing a trend here?), though, so I think I’ll cap off the day with a nice stretch on the couch.