Well, by the time we woke up this morning, Edouard had taken a severe turn to the east and we were no longer directly in its path. We were left with a lot of rain throughout the better part of the day, but that was the worst of it out our way. Mind you, that did not prevent the local news from airing more than seven hours of continuous coverage. First they discussed how fortunate we were to have prepared for nothing (agreed), and then they went from location to location checking in with the reporters in the field, just waiting for the rain to start. Excitement ran high when the water started to rise in portions of a Walmart parking lot on the south end of town; they were unable to find any other flooding in the area, though.
To clarify: I did not sit and watch the seven hours of coverage, but I did have to turn the tv on every so often just to check if they’d returned to normal programming yet. I don’t know why it aggravates me so much, but it really does.
Anyway, I went ahead and used the weather as our excuse for not doing much at all this morning. Buddy Boy and I relaxed and played. He was having such a good time playing that he didn’t even balk when I asked him to clean up the toys in his room while I cleaned some of the stuff out of his closet. Of course, I’d bribed him with the promise of a round of dart gun shooting when we finished, but that doesn’t always guarantee success. If that were the case, I’d have pulled out a fine bribe to head off the complete meltdown he had in Ulta yesterday, believe me. Anyway, we had a terrific morning.
During nap time, I tackled another good rainy day project:
Yep, it’s finally time to file our paperwork. Previously, all of it was stuffed into either the blue tub or that wrecked accordion file. Surprisingly, I could put my hand on just about anything we needed, but it was hardly and efficient system. A few months ago, I broke down and bought a small file cabinet. The folders came into the house a month later . . . mustn’t rush . . . and then I borrowed the label-maker two weeks ago . . . and that brings us to today, when I decided that I could not drag this out one more week. Oh, I’m so relieved to be almost done! After phase one has been completed, I can clear off the computer desk (having set up appropriate files for the piles spread out all over it), move the cabinet into its proper place, and *maybe* make some headway in taming the paper beast once and for all.
Ack. I have so much more that I wanted to gab about, but I’d better finish this project while it’s still fresh, or else I’ll have still more “in progress” piles with which to contend. That, of course, includes the shred pile, which I’d like to tackle before it grows to Hefty bag proportions. Again.