My mom likens this particular syndrome to a fire dog hearing a bell. When a list was passed out at church last week, requesting items to fill gift bags for visiting missionary families, I immediately zoomed in on the children’s pillowcases. Thanks to the handy-dandy pattern in Weekend Sewing, I was able to cut and sew this in an afternoon. . .
. . .which turned into this by the following day, after I tore through the fabric shelves, looking for one-yard cuts:
Still gripped by the fever, I found this tutorial, which only required 3/4 yard for the main body of the pillowcase, so then I tried that out.
Huzzah! Another great [quick!] pattern, so I was able to crank out a few more of that one, too.
Then, having run out of both steam and appropriate fabrics, I pronounced this project complete.
Unfortunately, the sewing area now looks like a tornado ripped through it. Again.