I can’t tell you how many times I think of something that I want to post, and then . . . that’s about as far as it gets. Usually, it’s because I can’t get a picture to go along with it. Well, not in less than an hour, and I don’t have an hour to spend on getting just the right mediocre shot. (Or, more accurately, most days I’d rather stare at a wall than face the aggravation of photographing something in the shadows so prevalent in our humble home.)
This has been contributing to my very bad mood.
Today, to break out of this little rut, I’ll just shake out a little potpourri and see if I can get back on track. Since I do actually have some photos backlogged on the camera, we’ll start there.
- A couple of weeks ago, apples were on sale, so I snatched up about six pounds. Within a couple of short hours (thanks to my menfolk and their peeling prowess), this
was transformed into a nice big pot of applesauce
and a tasty apple crisp (cinnamon ice cream sold separately)
I love when I can make time to cook up a bunch of stuff on a Saturday. It makes me feel super productive! I bought another big ol’ bunch of apples today (at an even better price, so how could I resist?); hopefully I’ll get to them before Saturday. Probably not, though. [Note to self: But you like cooking on Saturday, remember? It all works out!]
- Project 5 was announced over at craft hope today! Friends who sew: go check it out! Very cool.
- Reason #165 why I love my husband: He has agreed to workout with me in the morning before he goes to work, since I found one that we can complete in less than 30 minutes. Hey, it’s better than nothing, which is pretty much what we’ve been doing. (Well, I’ve been managing about 40 minutes per week, which is technically not nothing. I’ve done plenty of nothing; I know from what I speak.) Today was Day 4. I love it, because it’s much more fun to exercise with a buddy, plus I’m up and ready to move on to something else by 5:30 in the morning. It beats hitting the snooze five times, which is generally how I’d been spending that particular time slot.
- If you like cool party ideas and festive holiday decor (not to mention cool stationery), you’ll love Blonde Designs Blog. The baby’s birthday is rapidly approaching (!), so I need all the inspiration I can get, and their posts never fail to deliver. So much fun!
- Here’s a consumer tip for ya: I was reading a magazine article on speed-cleaning or streamlining housework or what have you, and it mentioned that you can find bundles of microfiber cloths in the auto department of discount stores for less than a dollar per piece. Well, sure enough, I found them at Target, 12 for under $8.50. What a steal! I think the last ones I bought (in the housecleaning section) were 3 for $5.00 or something like that. Plus, I love having a bunch of them that I can stash in each section of the house, rather than the one lonely rag that can’t be easily found, thus giving me yet another excuse to avoid cleaning at that very moment. It doesn’t take much to get me off track.
Whew. It’s good to get that all out of my head. Now maybe I can move on to the cakes which have been baked and the sewing which has been frustrating me to no end. Oh, the hits just keep on coming!