My humble offering to Sew Mama Sew’s Quilting for Peace effort:
This little guy was my attempt at an improv approach to piecing the top. Drawing on the colors in the ‘bot camp piece, I gathered up the fabrics without the usual amount of hemming and hawing, and just started cutting and lining them up until it looked halfway balanced. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it until I put the bindings on. After that, I loved it!
And, for the first time –
I labeled it. Yes, I finally made a label for one of my quilts. I printed the text on computer printer fabric, pressed it, and hand stitched it to the back. Well, you can see why I’ve never done it before, seeing as how it was so very *cough* complicated. (But, knowing myself as well as I do, I went ahead and made up a whole sheet of them. By next time, I’ll have forgotten how easy it was, and would prefer not to waste whole weeks procrastinating.)